The principal manuscript sources of the texts of the Customary belong to Salisbury Cathedral (NCS – MS 175), the diocese of Salisbury (OCO), the British Library (OCR – MS Harley 1001) and Corpus Christi College, Oxford (OCC – MS44). That belonging to the diocese of Salisbury is deposited at the Wiltshire and Swindon Record Office (OCO – D/1/1).

In addition to work on the original sources, the editors have benefited from new digital images of Salisbury Cathedral MS 175 (NCS) and Corpus Christi College, Oxford, MS 44 (NCC), from digital images of Wiltshire and Swindon Record Office D/1/1 (OCO), and from digital versions of the photographic images of British Library, MS Harley 1001 (OCR).

We are grateful to the Canon Edward Probert, chancellor of Salisbury Cathedral, and to the library and archive staff of the British Library, Corpus Christi College, Oxford, the Wiltshire and Swindon Record Office for their help. The new digital images were made by John Gibbins.